May 29, 2014

May 29th, 2013 - PROPOSAL

May 29th, 2013 was easily one of the happiest days of my life.  For an in-depth detail of our engagement, you can watch Our Love Story here.  To sum it up, both my family and Race's family were staying in a beach house on Huntington beach.  We went to Disneyland and the beach all week.  I knew it was coming sometime that week, but I didn't know when.  Needless to say, I was extremely surprised (and I'm pretty hard to surprise).  We were walking to dinner down the beach, taking pictures in the beautiful sunset, and it happened.  Race had buried a treasure chest in the sand (near where we built a sand castle earlier that day) and it all began there!  Seriously, it was the perfect evening.  It finally ended our "teen dating" stage and started our adventure together.  I know, I know, there are a lot of pictures.  I just can't grasp the fact that we got engaged a year ago today!  Enjoy!   
 At this point, I had no idea it was going to happen.  I thought we were just taking pictures.  
 He then led me down to a treasure chest a little way from our families.  I immediately started bawling. 











 Haha, Jackson is a character.




I love this picture.
 This one, too. :)  I love my daddy.  So grateful we got this picture!





 I have been searching for pictures of Race hugging his family, but I can't find them. :(



 If you know me, you know how much of a sunset-chaser I am.  Seriously, it couldn't have been a more beautiful backdrop for our proposal pictures.




Obviously. ;)






I know my eyes are closed, but I included this one because of the sunset.  Stunning. 


 My fingers were even sunburnt haha. 
 This candid picture shows our obvious incomprehensible joy.  What's better?

I'm glad my mom got this picture.  Now we'll know exactly where it took place.  We've already visited the spot once since then.  


Finally, we made it to dinner (where I thought we were going an hour before ;)).  

I will forever remember the happy details of this day.  I am so glad both our families were there, although it's kind of out of the norm to have twenty people watch you get engaged.  Huntington Beach will always hold a special place in my heart.  

I can't believe it's been a year!

xo, Carly




No comments:

Post a Comment