October 6, 2014

Proud Auntie

Baby Heaton Jacks Stevenett was born September 25th, 2014 at 11:50 pm after 33 long hours of labor! He was 7 lbs 13 oz, 19.5 inches long, and perfect as can be! I am so proud of Jadie (Race's sister); she went through so much to get their little babe here! She had preeclampsia, so had to deliver Heat about four weeks early (can you imagine how big he would be if he would have waited until his due date to come into the world?!) up at Utah Valley. She was experiencing kidney stones, extreme contractions, and many other side effects of the preeclampsia and labor. Bless her heart!!! I felt so bad for her. It made me want to wait quite a few more years (lots) to have children. ;) Race and I drove up to Provo Wednesday night, hoping she would have him before we had to drive back early Thursday afternoon for Race to make it to practice. She didn't, unfortunately, but had him late Thursday night while we were in Cedar. We were able to FaceTime and see the sweet family of three while in bed in Cedar. We headed back up to Provo Friday after school (Race had basketball off for the weekend, thank the HEAVENS) and got to meet baby Heat. We spent Friday night in Provo and went to Richfield Saturday night (yeah, we were keeping the roads hot..... like 13-15 hours driving but it was SO WORTH IT, obviously). Jadie, Jackson, and Heat were able to come home on Sunday so I got to cuddle him for a couple hours that day. They make the most beautiful family, and are going to be amazing parents. Heat has the longest fingers and toes, and will probably be a basketball player! However, I see a concert pianist in his future. ;) Being an aunt is something I've wanted for years, so I am ecstatic I get to be one now! Heat made Race an uncle for the first time too, so it was a really exciting weekend! I am basically obsessed with the bundle of joy; every time I go home, I cuddle him and hold him. He is so so chill and just so sweet. I can't wait to see him again. 
Congrats Jadie and Jacks! Love you both!

Here are some iPhone pics from the last little while with Heat. 



















These pictures don't even come close to capturing how adorable he is. That boy's got some good genes!

xo, Aunt Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment