November 7, 2014

October/November



Life is just crazy right now. Race had his first basketball game last Saturday, so the season is in full swing! His schedule is extremely busy and I can't help but feel so bad for him. Three or four times a week he has weights at six am, then has class from nine until two, and then has practice from three to 5:30. He then has study hall for a couple hours and then goes to shooting/practice at around 8 or 9 at night. Usually, he doesn't get home until 10-11... Poor guy doesn't even get to come home for lunch, and can't eat dinner until past 10. The other days he just has school, afternoon practice and study hall. Hopefully all of this hard work at school and basketball will pay off!!
I'm not kidding when I say all of our teachers have piled EVERYTHING on to the first few weeks of November. Slowly but surely, tests, projects, presentations, and papers are diminishing from the calendar. We are starting to feel slightly relieved, but basketball is still really busy.
For me, it's really hard to fit in going to school full time, working part time, going to the gym, grocery shopping, cleaning, cooking, and most importantly making time for our puppy! Sometimes I cry and cry and get sick because of the stress, but it's alright. The semester will be over soon enough! I love school, but I'm definitely to that point of wanting a break! I haven't even taken down my Halloween decorations yet. I am looking forward to putting my Christmas decor up but am having a hard time finding time!! 
I don't mean to complain at all. Life is great and we are so so so blessed, but we are certainly growing up and becoming busy and responsible people!
Race and I talk all the time about how we are SO grateful we made the decision to get married because if not, we would NEVER see each other. No joke, we see each other when we go to bed. We really only spend like 8-10 hours a day together, and it's usually sleeping, eating, studying, or watching The Office together before we hit the hay. I am so happy I made the decision to marry him, because our relationship would have suffered if it wasn't for 10:00 pm-8:00 am. :) 
BUT tonight, after his team dinner, we get to go on a date! We usually go to dinner and/or a movie, so I think we're going to see Interstellar tonight. Yay for much needed date nights! 
He starts traveling next weekend, and I really want to (and will) cry because I hate being alone as it is, especially at night. I am so glad I have Gus, but I'm sure I'll be saying Peace Out to Cedar everytime he leaves town. Luckily my sister and her husband just built the most beautiful house in St George with a guest bedroom calling my name.:)
Anyone up for sleepovers when the husband leaves?! 

Carly 

No comments:

Post a Comment